Proudly Serving The Entire State of Florida With Offices Throughout
Florida Beauty Salon Injuries
Nail salons are almost everywhere. If not properly sanitized and cleaned, patrons will contract infections and other communicable diseases including sexually transmitted diseases, MRSA, viral infections or fungi just to name a few. Clients of nail salons have protections under the law to protect them against dirty nail salons
We Represent Clients That Have Had Injuries After A Manicure Or Pedicure
Nail Salon Infections – Common Signs and Symptoms
Several things may alert a patron of a nail salon of a problem. Typical signs include:
- The nail area will look red and irritated
- A bacterial infection of the hands or feet
- A rash or fungus appearing around the nail
- Technicians that are not trained in proper sanitation procedures
- Removal of too much nail
- The technician not inquiring about existing medical conditions or allergies
In severe cases of exposure to viral, fungal or bacterial infections can result in amputation. Pay careful attention to any sign that may point to any of these
Get started with a free initial consultation; call (954) 504-6577 or contact us online.
There Are Cases Of Negligent Nail Solon Workers Causing Infections
Nail salon technicians are liable for keeping their salon clean and germ-free. Often, due to bad employee practice and carelessness, nail salons pass fungi and infections from client to client by not using proper sanitation procedures of manicure instruments.
Nail technicians should be aware of any existing condition of the patron. They should take extra precautions if an open wound is visible, or refuse to service. A well-trained nail technician will know the proper procedure and ask the patron the correct questions.
Filing a Beauty Salon Injury Lawsuit
Infection or injury resulting due to negligent nail technicians does point to a personal injury lawsuit. Most states require training and certification of nail salon technicians. Each state may have different requirements. It is recommended to consult an attorney in your state if you think you have a case against a nail salon.
At Zimmerman and Frachtman, we have witnessed many individuals experience serious injury after visiting a beauty salon. Below are some examples of the injuries that we have seen consumers suffer from after a beauty salon visit:
- There are some salons that use powerful chemicals in their beauty treatments that can result in burns and eye injuries.
- When it comes to the tinting of eyebrows and eyelashes, the FDA has not yet approved any products for permanent tinting. Therefore, this treatment can be extremely dangerous, and there is also the risk of an allergic reaction as well.
- Certain products can also cause hair loss or other types of chronic medical issues, even if the products claim to be organic.
- Laser hair removal treatments can cause deep scarring that requires plastic surgery to fix in some cases. Because the FDA has not yet ruled laser hair removal treatments as a medical service, it can often be administered by poorly trained staff.
- When consumers have their hair washed in a salon sink, which has an area carved out for the neck, there is the chance of suffering from strokes and other neurological issues. It is also possible to hyperextend your neck, which could lead to the slicing of an artery.
- If a salon does not use the proper disinfection procedures, consumers run the risk of developing fungal infections, hepatitis, herpes, and additional blood illnesses from manicures and pedicures.
If you are planning on scheduling a visit to a beauty salon in the near future, here are a few things to take into consideration prior to your visit:
Look for a trustworthy and experienced place of business.
First and foremost, you should check online to see what types of reviews the salon has on places like Google, Yelp, and Facebook.
Do not distract your stylist or nail technician during the appointment.
While it is fully acceptable and encouraged to chat with your stylist or nail technician during long appointments, make sure you are not distracting them during times where they need to focus and concentrate. It is especially important to remember this when they are dealing with chemicals, wax, or any sharp objects.
Do not move around too much.
Watch any sharp turns with your head, shoulders, or hands when receiving treatment at a beauty salon. Too much movement can lead to mistakes, which can lead to injury if you are not careful.
In addition to beauty salon injuries, you may also have a product liability claim against a product manufacturer if you were, for example, burned by a curling iron or a hair dryer.
Contact Us Today To Speak With A Beauty/nail Salon Lawyer For A Free Case Review
There are statute of limitations for filing a suit against a nail salon. This means that you must file a personal injury within a certain amount of time. Failure to file in the appropriate period will nullify any claim. Each state will have different rules as to the limitations of time to file. As with any lawsuit, timing is everything. Filing a claim against a negligent nail salon must be filed as soon as the patron has signs of injury due to nail salon neglect.
Contact us online or call (954) 504-6577 to learn more during a free, confidential consultation.
Serving the entire state of Florida. We will take charge of your case and get you the compensation you justly deserve.
Our Distinguished Team
When Your Benefits Matter, It Matters Who You Hire
Aggressive, Experienced, and Compassionate Counsel
Client Centered Approach
Access to Call or Text Your Attorney Anytime
Work Directly With Your Attorney
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (954) 504-6577.