Michael L. Schwebel is a shareholder and partner at Zimmerman & Frachtman, P.A. in Parkland, Florida. He devotes his practice to working with individuals and families injured due to the negligence of others. The legal process after an injury can be very difficult, and Mr. Schwebel works with his clients to guide them through this complicated process while serving as their advocate and voice.
Mr. Schwebel is a trial attorney representing victims of personal injury involving medical malpractice, motor vehicle collisions, as well as premises, professional and products liability. He has both trial and appellate experience and is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in Florida, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit.
On behalf of his clients Mr. Schwebel has obtained millions of dollars in verdicts and settlements throughout Florida, including a Top 100 Verdict in the State of Florida for 2019. Mr. Schwebel has been listed in Super Lawyers as a “Rising Star” every year from 2013 to 2021. He has also received an AV Preeminent rating from Martindale-Hubbell, which reflects the greatest degree of ability and integrity as recognized by the legal community, including judges and attorneys. Mr. Schwebel is also a Fellow in the prestigious Litigation Counsel of America, which is an invitation-only trial lawyer honorary society. Membership in the Litigation Counsel of America is limited to 3,500 Fellows, which represents less than one-half of one percent of American lawyers. Fellows of the LCA must promote superior advocacy and ethical standards in the practice of law. He is a member of the Palm Beach County Justice Association, American Association for Justice, Palm Beach County Bar Association, and American Bar Association.
Prior to seeking justice for those injured as a result of the carelessness of others, Mr. Schwebel defended physicians and hospitals in complex medical malpractice claims. Mr. Schwebel was previously a member of the Defense Research Institute and the Florida Defense Lawyers Association. As a result of his prior experience, Mr. Schwebel is intimately familiar with the defenses and tactics injured clients will face in litigation.
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Auto Collisions
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Premises Liability
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- University of Florida, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science, 2004
- University of Florida, Juris Doctor, 2007
- University of Florida, Environmental and Land Use Law Certification, 2007
Honors and Awards
- Top Attorneys in Florida “Rising Star” – 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
- AV Preeminent Rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- Fellow – Litigation Counsel of America
- Top 100 Verdict in Florida – 2019
- The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association
- Palm Beach County Bar Association
- American Association for Justice
- Palm Beach County Justice Association
- Previously served on Florida Bar LOMAS Advisory Board Committee
- Previously member of Craig S. Barnard American Inn of Court
- Previously served on the Foundation Board of Directors for his alma mater, Suncoast High School