Proudly Serving The Entire State of Florida With Offices Throughout
Boca Raton Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Helping Injured Pedestrians in Boca Raton, FL
If you or someone you love was injured in a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. At Zimmerman & Frachtman, P.A., our Boca Raton pedestrian accident attorneys are committed to helping you fight for the maximum compensation you are owed. We have successfully recovered millions of dollars for our clients, and we are prepared to fight for you, too.
What is a Pedestrian Accident?
A pedestrian accident is a type of traffic collision that involves a pedestrian and a motor vehicle. These accidents can occur in a variety of settings, including crosswalks, parking lots, and even on sidewalks. In most cases, pedestrian accidents are caused by driver negligence. However, there are many other factors that can contribute to these accidents, including poor road conditions, defective auto parts, and more.
What Are the Most Common Causes of Pedestrian Accidents?
As mentioned, driver negligence is the leading cause of pedestrian accidents in Boca Raton and throughout the state of Florida. However, there are many other factors that can contribute to these accidents, including poor road conditions, defective auto parts, and more.
Some of the most common causes of pedestrian accidents include:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Drowsy driving
- Failure to yield the right of way
- Failure to stop at a stop sign or red light
- Reckless driving
- Poor road conditions
- Defective auto parts
These are just a few examples of the many factors that can contribute to a pedestrian accident. If you were injured in a pedestrian accident, it is important to speak to an experienced attorney who can help you determine the cause of the accident and who is liable for your damages.
Who is Liable for a Pedestrian Accident?
In order to recover compensation for a pedestrian accident, you will need to prove that someone else was at fault for the accident. In many cases, this is the driver of the vehicle that struck you. However, there are many other parties that could be liable for your damages, as well.
Some of the most common parties that may be liable for a pedestrian accident include:
- The driver of the vehicle that struck you
- The driver’s employer, if the driver was working at the time of the accident
- The manufacturer of the vehicle, if a defective auto part caused the accident
- The city or municipality, if poor road conditions contributed to the accident
These are just a few examples of the many parties that may be liable for a pedestrian accident. Our Boca Raton pedestrian accident lawyers can help you determine who is at fault for your injuries and who is liable for your damages.
How Much is My Pedestrian Accident Case Worth?
After a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. However, the value of your case will depend on a variety of factors, including the severity of your injuries, the amount of time you missed from work, and the extent of your pain and suffering.
Some of the most common types of damages available in a pedestrian accident case include:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium
- Disfigurement and scarring
Our Boca Raton pedestrian accident lawyers can review your case and help you understand the types of damages you may be entitled to. We will fight for the maximum compensation you are owed and help you get the medical care you need.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident
After a pedestrian accident, it is important to take the proper steps to protect your health and your rights. If you are able to do so, you should try to take the following steps after a pedestrian accident:
- Call 911: If you are able to do so, you should call 911 after a pedestrian accident. The police will come to the scene of the accident and create an accident report, which can be used as evidence in your case. Additionally, the paramedics will come to the scene and provide you with the medical attention you need.
- Get medical attention: Even if you do not think you were seriously injured, you should still see a doctor after a pedestrian accident. Many injuries, including traumatic brain injuries and internal bleeding, do not have immediate symptoms. A doctor will be able to evaluate your condition and determine if you were injured in the accident.
- Exchange information: You should exchange contact and insurance information with the driver of the vehicle that struck you. Additionally, you should get the names and contact information of any witnesses to the accident.
- Take pictures: If you are able to do so, you should take pictures of the accident scene, your injuries, and any damage to your personal property. These pictures can be used as evidence in your case.
- Do not give a statement to the insurance company: After a pedestrian accident, the insurance company will likely reach out to you and ask you to provide a statement. You should not give a statement to the insurance company until you have spoken to an attorney. The insurance company will use your statement against you and try to get you to settle for less than you are owed.
- Speak to an attorney: You should speak to an experienced pedestrian accident attorney as soon as possible after the accident. An attorney can help you understand your rights and your legal options. Additionally, an attorney can help you fight for the maximum compensation you are owed.
How Can a Pedestrian Accident Lawyer Help Me?
After a pedestrian accident, you may be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other damages. However, the insurance company will do everything in its power to pay you as little as possible for your claim. That is why it is so important to have an experienced pedestrian accident lawyer on your side.
At Zimmerman & Frachtman, P.A., our Boca Raton pedestrian accident attorneys can help you by:
- Investigating the accident and gathering evidence
- Working with accident reconstruction experts to recreate the accident
- Identifying all potentially liable parties
- Calculating the full extent of your damages
- Filing all necessary insurance claims and paperwork
- Negotiating with the insurance company on your behalf
- Preparing your case for trial, if necessary
Our team is committed to helping you fight for the maximum compensation you are owed. We will stand by your side throughout the entire process and provide you with the compassionate, personalized legal representation you deserve.
Aggressive, Experienced, and Compassionate Counsel
Client Centered Approach
Access to Call or Text Your Attorney Anytime
Work Directly With Your Attorney