Proudly Serving The Entire State of Florida With Offices Throughout
Boca Raton Rideshare Accident Attorneys
Helping Victims of Uber & Lyft Accidents in South Florida
Uber and Lyft have become increasingly popular in Boca Raton and throughout the country. These rideshare services are convenient and affordable, and they have made it easier for people to get around. However, the rise of Uber and Lyft has also led to an increase in the number of car accidents on our roads.
When you are involved in a rideshare accident, you may be unsure of what to do next. You may be facing serious injuries and mounting medical bills, and you may be unable to work. You may also be unsure of who is liable for your injuries and how to go about recovering the compensation you need.
At Zimmerman & Frachtman, our Boca Raton rideshare accident lawyers are here to help. We have extensive experience handling complex car accident cases, and we know how to take on Uber and Lyft. Our attorneys will fight to protect your rights and help you recover the full, fair compensation you are owed.
Who Is Liable for a Rideshare Accident?
One of the most complicated aspects of a rideshare accident is determining liability. In a typical car accident, the at-fault driver is liable for the damages. However, when a rideshare driver is involved, the situation becomes more complex.
Uber and Lyft drivers are not employees of the company. Instead, they are independent contractors. This means that the rideshare company is not automatically liable for the driver’s actions. However, Uber and Lyft do provide insurance coverage for their drivers.
When a rideshare driver is not working, their personal auto insurance policy is responsible for covering the damages in an accident. However, when the driver is working, the rideshare company’s insurance policy will cover the damages. The amount of coverage depends on the driver’s status at the time of the accident.
Uber and Lyft’s insurance policies work as follows:
- The driver is not logged into the app: If the driver is not logged into the app, their personal auto insurance policy will cover the damages in an accident.
- The driver is logged into the app but has not accepted a ride: If the driver is logged into the app but has not accepted a ride, the rideshare company’s insurance policy will cover the damages. However, the coverage is limited to $50,000 per person for bodily injury, $100,000 per accident for bodily injury, and $25,000 for property damage.
- The driver is en route to pick up a passenger or has a passenger in the vehicle: If the driver is en route to pick up a passenger or has a passenger in the vehicle, the rideshare company’s insurance policy will cover the damages. The coverage is up to $1 million.
It is important to note that Uber and Lyft’s insurance policies only cover the damages if the driver is at fault for the accident. If another driver is at fault, the at-fault driver’s insurance policy will cover the damages.
How Long Do I Have to File a Rideshare Accident Lawsuit?
If you have been injured in a rideshare accident, it is important to act quickly. In Florida, you have four years from the date of the accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. If you do not file a lawsuit within this time frame, you will be unable to recover compensation for your injuries.
However, it is important to note that the statute of limitations is different if you are filing a lawsuit against Uber or Lyft. If you are filing a lawsuit against the rideshare company, you have only three years from the date of the accident to do so. If you are filing a lawsuit against the driver, you have four years from the date of the accident.
It is important to consult with an experienced rideshare accident lawyer as soon as possible to ensure that you do not miss any important deadlines.
What to Do After a Rideshare Accident
After a rideshare accident, it is important to take the right steps to protect your rights. Here are some things you should do:
- Call 911: If you are involved in a rideshare accident, you should call 911 right away. The police will come to the scene and create a police report. The police report will contain important information about the accident, including who was involved and who was at fault. You should also seek medical attention right away, even if you do not think you were injured. Some injuries, such as traumatic brain injuries and internal bleeding, may not be immediately apparent.
- Get the driver’s information: You should get the driver’s name, contact information, and insurance information. You should also get the contact information of any passengers and witnesses.
- Take photos and videos: If you are able, you should take photos and videos of the accident scene. You should also take photos of your injuries and any property damage.
- Do not admit fault: You should never admit fault for a rideshare accident. Even if you think you may have been partially at fault, you should not say so. You should also avoid making any statements to the insurance company until you have spoken to an attorney.
- Call an attorney: You should consult with an experienced rideshare accident lawyer as soon as possible. An attorney will help you understand your rights and guide you through the claims process.
How Our Rideshare Accident Lawyers Can Help
At Zimmerman & Frachtman, our Boca Raton rideshare accident attorneys know how to take on Uber and Lyft. We will conduct a thorough investigation into the accident to determine liability. We will gather all available evidence, including the police report, photos and videos from the scene, and witness statements. We will also review the driver’s Uber or Lyft app to determine their status at the time of the accident.
Our team will also review the driver’s personal auto insurance policy and the rideshare company’s insurance policy to determine the available coverage. We will then aggressively negotiate with the insurance company to seek a fair settlement that covers all of your damages. If the insurance company refuses to offer a fair settlement, we are prepared to take your case to court.
Our Boca Raton rideshare accident lawyers can help you recover compensation for:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of earning capacity
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Reduced quality of life
Our firm has extensive experience handling complex car accident cases, and we know how to get results. We will fight to protect your rights and help you recover the full, fair compensation you are owed.
Aggressive, Experienced, and Compassionate Counsel
Client Centered Approach
Access to Call or Text Your Attorney Anytime
Work Directly With Your Attorney