Proudly Serving The Entire State of Florida With Offices Throughout
Coral Springs Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
Representing Motorcyclists in Florida
At Zimmerman & Frachtman, our Coral Springs motorcycle accident attorneys are committed to helping injured riders recover the full, fair compensation they are owed under the law. We understand the unique issues that arise in motorcycle accident claims, and we have a proven track record of success in these cases.
What Causes Motorcycle Accidents in Coral Springs?
Motorcycle accidents can and do occur for a wide variety of reasons. However, the vast majority of motorcycle accidents are caused by the negligence, carelessness, and/or recklessness of drivers and other parties.
A motorcycle accident refers to any collision or incident involving a motorcycle, often resulting in damage, injury, or even death to the rider or others involved. These accidents can occur due to various factors, including environmental conditions, road hazards, and human error.
Common causes of motorcycle accidents involving motor vehicles include:
- Left Turn Accidents: This occurs when a vehicle makes a left turn in front of an oncoming motorcycle, often misjudging the speed of the motorcycle or failing to notice it altogether.
- Lane Changing Collisions: A motor vehicle may collide with a motorcycle when changing lanes if the driver fails to check blind spots or signal properly.
- Rear-End Collisions: These accidents happen when a vehicle hits the rear of a motorcycle, often due to the driver being distracted, tailgating, or misjudging stopping distances.
- Dooring Accidents: This occurs when a motorist opens their car door into the path of an oncoming motorcycle, causing a collision.
- Intersection Accidents: Intersections are particularly hazardous for motorcycles, as drivers may fail to yield the right of way, run red lights, or fail to notice motorcycles when making turns.
- Impaired Driving: Alcohol or drug impairment significantly increases the risk of accidents involving motorcycles, impairing judgment, coordination, and reaction times.
- Distracted Driving: Drivers who are distracted by activities such as texting, talking on the phone, eating, or adjusting the radio are more likely to overlook motorcycles on the road.
- Speeding: Excessive speed reduces a driver's ability to react to hazards, increasing the likelihood of accidents involving motorcycles.
- Unsafe Road Conditions: Potholes, debris, gravel, or uneven pavement pose significant risks to motorcyclists, leading to loss of control or collisions.
- Weather Conditions: Rain, snow, ice, or fog can reduce visibility and traction, making riding conditions hazardous for motorcyclists and increasing the risk of accidents involving other vehicles.
- Inexperienced or Unlicensed Riders: Lack of experience or proper training can lead to errors in judgment, poor decision-making, and inability to handle unexpected situations on the road.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Motorcyclists are at a high risk of suffering serious injuries in accidents. Even when they are wearing helmets and other protective gear, riders are still much more likely to be injured than drivers/passengers of other vehicles. This is because motorcycles provide very little protection in the event of a crash.
Some of the most common injuries suffered by motorcyclists include:
- Road rash — When a rider is thrown from their bike, they may slide across the pavement. This can cause painful road rash, which can lead to serious infections and other complications.
- Broken bones — Motorcyclists are at a high risk of suffering broken bones in accidents. This includes fractures to the legs, arms, hands, feet, collarbones, and more.
- Head injuries — Head injuries are one of the most serious types of injuries that motorcyclists can suffer. Even when a rider is wearing a helmet, they may still suffer a traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can result in long-term or permanent cognitive impairments.
- Spinal cord injuries — When a motorcyclist is thrown from their bike, they can suffer a severe blow to the back. This can cause a spinal cord injury, which can result in partial or total paralysis.
- Internal injuries — Motorcyclists can also suffer internal injuries in accidents. This includes damage to the organs, internal bleeding, and more. Internal injuries can be life-threatening.
- Crush injuries — If a motorcycle falls on top of a rider in an accident, they may suffer a crush injury. This can result in severe damage to the soft tissues and other internal structures.
Motorcycle accident injuries often require extensive medical treatment and long recovery periods. In some cases, victims are left with permanent impairments and disabilities. If you were injured in a motorcycle accident, our team can help you fight for the maximum compensation you are owed.
How Our Motorcycle Accident Attorneys Can Help You
When you hire our team, we will conduct a thorough investigation of the accident, gather evidence to support your claim, and handle all negotiations with the insurance company. We are not afraid to take on large insurance companies and their teams of lawyers, and we will fight for the best possible outcome in your case.
When you choose Zimmerman & Frachtman, you get:
- Experience — We have been representing injured Floridians for nearly 30 years. We have successfully recovered over $300 million for our clients, and we know what it takes to win.
- Results — We have a proven track record of success. Our attorneys have been recognized by numerous prestigious organizations, including Super Lawyers, Avvo, and the Florida Justice Association.
- Accessibility — We are here for you when you need us most. We are available 24/7 to take your call, and we are happy to answer your questions and address your concerns.
- Compassion — We understand the physical, emotional, and financial toll that a motorcycle accident can take on you and your family. We are committed to helping you get through this difficult time, and we will provide you with the compassionate, personalized legal service you deserve.
Aggressive, Experienced, and Compassionate Counsel
Client Centered Approach
Access to Call or Text Your Attorney Anytime
Work Directly With Your Attorney