What to Get After a Truck Accident

large commercial truck on the road

When you’re involved in a severe truck accident, it’s crucial to ensure you gather vital information that allows you to file a claim. The more information you get, the better. And just like after a regular passenger vehicle crash, you should be sure to speak with the truck driver or law enforcement to get all the information necessary to file your claim.

The Trucking Company

You should ask about the name of the trucking company. Knowing which trucking company owns the truck or employs the truck driver can help as you file a proper claim. If the truck driver refuses to give you their company’s name, law enforcement may help you.

The Insurance Information

Ensure you get the insurance information from the truck driver. The trucking company may hold a policy over its entire fleet that can maximize your recovery when a truck driver is negligent. When you get the driver’s and trucking company’s insurance information, your legal team can detail the policy and determine how to seek the compensation you deserve.

The Driver’s License

Commercial truck drivers should have a commercial driver’s license (CDL). This is a specific type of license that says the driver has undergone specific training and exams to ensure they can operate a large vehicle.

The Important Photos

Be sure to take photos that show the truck and where it has been damaged, your own vehicle and its damage, and your visible injuries. You can also take photos of the accident scene that can show potential signs of negligence on the truck driver’s part.

At Zimmerman & Frachtman, P.A., we work to safeguard your rights. Our Florida truck accident attorneys go above and beyond to hold negligent truck drivers accountable when they cause you harm. If you’re unable to gather information, we will work to collect evidence quickly on your behalf.

Call our firm today at (954) 504-6577 for a free consultation.