Proudly Serving The Entire State of Florida With Offices Throughout
Florida Hemiplegia Lawyers
Hemiplegia is a type of weakness, rigid movement, or paralysis that occurs on only one side of the body. It may affect an individual’s speech, balance, use of their hand, and field of vision. Hemiplegia can be caused by a variety of sources, but it generally occurs due to cerebral palsy, perinatal strokes, traumatic brain injury, and stroke- all of which may damage the brain via disrupted blood flow.
Get started with a free initial consultation; call (954) 504-6577 or contact us online.
Just as there are a variety of causes of hemiplegia, there are also several types of it. These include:
- Spastic hemiplegia, which is characterized by spastic movements and paralysis on one side of the body
- Cerebral hemiplegia, in which a lesion of the brain disrupts blood flow
- Facial hemiplegia, which is characterized by one-sided facial paralysis
- And Spinal hemiplegia, which is caused by spinal lesions
Hemiplegia can have a severely negative impact on an individual’s life, oftentimes changing it forever. Individuals who were once highly independent may struggle to accept their new condition and the factors it introduces, including:
- Necessity of a round-the-clock caregiver
- Inability to chew, swallow, and eat properly
- Inability to speak clearly
- Inability to walk, run, play sports, swim, or do other activities one used to enjoy
- Poor memory
- Loss of control of bladder and bowel movements
- Inability to perform activities of daily living- like dressing and feeding oneself
Hemiplegia may lead to severe medical bills and a major loss of income to the injured individual’s family. Managing the condition may require special equipment, medical supplies, and personnel to manage its symptoms- all of which may be quite expensive.
Finding out that you or a loved one has hemiplegia is obviously a very stressful and emotional time, especially if it is caused by malpractice, recklessness, or unnecessary trauma to the brain and spinal cord and could have been prevented. Zimmerman & Frachtman can compassionately guide you through the legal process to get the compensation that you deserve- compensation that may help to cover medical bills, lost income, and important equipment for managing your condition. You don’t have to deal with this alone. Call today for a free consultation.
Contact us online or call (954) 504-6577 to learn more during a free, confidential consultation.
Serving the entire state of Florida. We will take charge of your case and get you the compensation you justly deserve.
Our Distinguished Team
When Your Benefits Matter, It Matters Who You Hire
Aggressive, Experienced, and Compassionate Counsel
Client Centered Approach
Access to Call or Text Your Attorney Anytime
Work Directly With Your Attorney
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (954) 504-6577.