Proudly Serving The Entire State of Florida With Offices Throughout
Florida Sea-doo Accident Attorneys
Sea-doo Personal Watercraft Injuries & Jet Ski Accidents
The popularity of Bombardier Recreational Products (BRP) Sea-Doo watercrafts and other personal watercrafts (PWCs) have greatly increased over the past few years. It is important to remember that Sea-doos are not toys. They are boats that can be extremely dangerous and misuse can result in devastating personal injuries or wrongful deaths. Sea-Doo and personal water craft accident victims can hold responsible parties accountable for their negligence whether they are individuals or manufacturing companies.
Get started with a free initial consultation; call (954) 504-6577 or contact us online.
Sea-Doo & Personal Water Craft Accident Injuries
Watercraft operators and passengers are injured in Sea-Doo and boating accidents every year. Injuries can often include brain injury, spinal cord injury, loss of limbs, scaring, and disfigurement.
There are many factors that can cause a Sea-Doo or personal watercraft accident:
- Operator error
- Inexperienced drivers
- Driver distractions
- Reckless driving and speeding
- Lack of proper protective equipment
- Lack of operator safety warnings or lack of instruction and training
- Boating under the influence
- Negligence of another watercraft or boat operator
- Unsafe design or defects in the watercraft
Justice for Sea-Doo Accident, Jet Ski Accident and Personal Watercraft Accident Victim’s
- Our firm, along with co-counsel, argued that Yamaha Motor Corp. USA failed to correct a known steering defect with their personal water craft and then failed to adequately warn people that an operator could not steer without throttle. This caused the death of one teenager and led to serious personal injuries to another when they crashed into a boat. A Florida jury found Yamaha responsible and awarded our clients $39 million.
- Our firm represented a teenager who was killed (severe head trauma) on a personal watercraft after she ran into a dock in the Intracoastal Waterway. The watercraft was not equipped with a rudder, making it impossible to steer, and there were no age-based warnings present anywhere on the watercraft. Our experts argued that the manufacturer was negligent in not posting a warning on the personal watercraft stating that it should not be operated by persons under the age of 16, which safety studies have shown to be necessary. Our attorneys requested that the jury render a verdict for $48.5 million in closing argument. The jury proceeded to deliberations, at which time, a confidential settlement was reached between the parties.
Have questions regarding jet ski accidents?
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured or killed in a Bombardier Sea-Doo accident, a jet ski accident, or another other personal watercraft accident due to someone else’s negligence or a defective product and would like to learn more about your legal rights, please contact us online or call (954) 504-6577 to learn more during a free, confidential consultation.
Serving the entire state of Florida. We will take charge of your case and get you the compensation you justly deserve.
Our Distinguished Team
When Your Benefits Matter, It Matters Who You Hire
Aggressive, Experienced, and Compassionate Counsel
Client Centered Approach
Access to Call or Text Your Attorney Anytime
Work Directly With Your Attorney
Whether you have questions or you’re ready to get started, our legal team is ready to help. Complete our form below or call us at (954) 504-6577.